Click here for the final version of the conference program. (Be sure to have your calendar open – it’s a full schedule!)
Just one week until Trans -and Trance launches! We hope that you’re all as eager as we are for three jam-packed days of intellectual exchange (and maybe a pint or two).
Some exciting news: thanks to the generosity of Tourism London, we have managed to secure all participants a complementary three-day public transit pass with the London Transit Commission (LTC). Your bus pass will provide regular and easy service between the university and downtown, but also extends far beyond the inner core of the city to a variety of London neighbourhoods and attractions.
In light of the speedy approach of the big event, a few reminders and tips that you might want to consider pre-travel are listed below.
Conference Logistics Reminders
- Our program is about to be sent off to press. Any minor changes to your entry on the program (name, institutional affiliation, presentation title) must be submitted via email ASAP.
- Any of these minor changes, as well as cosmetic changes to your abstract, can be reflected on the web site at any time. Please email any alterations.
- Using media? Please email any media that you intend to use as part of your presentation in an accessible format in order to facilitate panel set-up.
- Gotta print? For last-minute print jobs, Weldon Library (on campus, and only a short walk from the conference building) offers printing, copying, and scanning services. Print cards are $1 (non-refundable) and can be loaded at the cash-operated card-loading machine on the main level at the printing station. Wireless printing is available. If you need to use the computers, guests may present photo ID at the library circulation desk and be given a temporary username and password for the guest computers (also on the main level). For more information, click here for printing and here for computer access.
- Have you RSVP’ed for our conference dinner? Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant will be hosting Trans- and Trance participants for a two-course meal on Saturday evening (salad and entrée are on us). Final menu selections (as well as any dietary restrictions/allergies) as detailed in our February 20th email must be reported via email absolutely no later than Monday, March 2nd. (Since the restaurant requires advance notice of menu selections for large-scale events, we apologize, but no last-minute additions will be possible.)
General Travel Reminders
- International travelers: remember your travel documents (i.e. passport, itineraries, etc.). You laugh, but trust me: that’s not a fun realization to make at the airport.
- Daylight Savings Time is March 8th. For those of you catching a flight/train/bus/ride out of town at a predetermined time, remember that we spring forward on Sunday and don’t show up late!
- Dress for the cold! It’s been mighty chilly as of late, and while it looks like (fingers crossed) it may warm up some, it’s still winter in Canada.
- Any questions? Feel free to email! An email with phone numbers for emergency texting is forthcoming.
Get a taste for things to come with a number of accepted abstracts! They are listed by date of presentation here.
You have found the official web site for the 2015 Trans- and Trance Annual Graduate Student Conference at Western University. Please feel free to browse the conference information available in the links above, and don’t be afraid to contact us if we can address any questions you have about the event.
We look forward to seeing you on March 5-7, 2015!